Organiser: DAC Beachroft
Has CPD Points:
Starts: 27 November 2019 at 10:00am
Ends: 27 November 2019 at 01:00pm
Venue: DAC Beachcroft 3 Hardman Street Manchester M3 3HF
Speaker: Christopher Stanwell
Why use CPO powers and when/how to do it – economic social and environmental benefits.
An overview of the process of making a CPO and its confirmation.
Key issues to address:
- Reasons for the CPO – planning consent and/or policy support for it;
- compelling case in the public interest;
- Funding the CPO (LG/third party) – resources, viability and costs; and
- Human Rights and Public Sector Equality Duty.
- Consultation and addressing objectors concerns (mitigating the impacts).
- Recent changes to the process of confirming CPOs by PINS and the inquiry process.
- Timescales and prospects of success.
Back to courses list