Assistant Solicitor (Major Development)
Pay Band Q / SCP 42-43
Salary £44,632 – £45,591 per annum
Job reference: CVP 785
Looking for an exciting new opportunity? Join us in Knowsley’s Major Development team!
It is a very exciting time for Knowsley and our innovative Major Development Team: we have a substantial list of pipeline schemes for housing, transport and economic development, including several high profile projects such as the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also in the process of implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further sustainable urban extension sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years. In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant Solicitor ready for new challenges, and seeking to take the next step in growing their career.
Successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail from Huyton), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the brand new Invest Knowsley office;
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities;
- Minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, plus bank holidays. There is also an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Flexible working hours;
- Generous Council pension scheme;
- Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
For informal discussion, please contact Nigel Fagan (Senior Solicitor –Legal Services) on 0151 443 3564.
For further details and an application pack, please visit the Council’s website <
@KnowsleyUK | www.investknowsley.gov.uk
Closing Date: Friday, 10 January 2020