Legal Assistant (Part Time)
23.5 hours per week
Grade/Salary CWAC NJC – Grade 3, £18,517 – £19,264 pro rata per annum
Ref No W1922
Closing Date 20th May 2022
Cheshire West and Chester Council brings a fresh and energetic approach to providing top quality services for its many customers and communities. West Cheshire is a place where everyone can Thrive – through our core values of Teamwork, Honesty, Respect, Innovation, Value for Money and Empowerment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a legal assistant to join our Lexcel accredited legal services team at Cheshire West and Chester Council on a permanent contract. This role is in the Property and Environment team which provides legal and professional support to the Council in the areas of property, planning, highways, environment and regeneration law but also covers tasks required by the Legal Services team as a whole.
The main duties will include:
- providing legal support to teams to ensure all the support requirements of the teams are met
- identifying recharges from the Land Registry account and liaising finance colleagues to ensure that these charges are recharged to the appropriate council department
- under supervision of senior colleagues ensuring the release of bonds relating to highways work liaising with third party developers and their legal representatives
- under supervision of senior colleagues assisting in arranging systems access for new starters in accordance with the legal services staff induction programme to ensure efficiency
- processing of invoices where necessary and obtaining PO numbers for external suppliers
- dealing with incoming and outgoing post including the collection of outgoing post and taking it to post room, arranging Royal Mail Special Delivery and similar services
- assisting where necessary with the provision of general administrative support across legal services
- dealing with the signing and sealing process of legal document
- scanning and photocopying of documents
- ordering of stationery and other office supplies
- archiving of legal case files and documents.
If you have relevant experience and are skilful, organised and enthusiastic who thrives in working in a busy environment and being part of a team, this role may be ideal for you.
For informal discussion about this role please contact Lee Hubbard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange an informal chat.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. We may decide to close the advert before the closing date if we have sufficient applications so please do not delay in submitting your application.
The contractual work location for this role is listed above however you may be required to work from a range of work locations or sites within the Borough and may also be required to work from home, depending on the needs of the service.
Applicants using Internet Explorer have experienced issues uploading attachments (supporting information and CVs) in the past, so if you are using IE we would suggest that you use a different browser when you submit your application – for example Google Chrome.
In your application you should ensure that you provide evidence of how you have demonstrated meeting the Council’s core competencies of Teamwork, Honesty, Respect, Innovation, Value for Money and Empowerment.
Please ensure you check the email account (including junk/spam boxes) from which you apply regularly as we will use this to contact you regarding your application.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then it is likely that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however please do not be discouraged from applying again.
Cheshire West and Chester Council are committed to equality and diversity in employment. Please click the Equality Policy for more information.
Cheshire West and Chester Council have adopted a Local Living Wage for our employees which means that all employees will receive a minimum of £9.90 per hour for all contracted hours.
For any technical enquiries please email Sourcingteam@ecwip.co.uk Please quote job reference number in all correspondence.
Apply on line at https://jobs.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/vacancy/legal-assistant-483401.html