Legal Assistant (Property Searches)
- Salary: £30,151 to £32,020 per annum
- Location: Huyton Municipal, Municipal Buildings, Archway Road, Huyton, Knowsley, L36 9UX
- Contract: Permanent
- Working Pattern: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- DBS Check: Yes
- Closing Date: 02/04/2023 at 11:59
- Reference: CVP 0629
Interview date To be advised
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced legal assistant to join our Legal Services Team.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, motivated and team focussed individual to support the Council’s Legal Services.
A motivated and organised individual, with experience in Land Charges, the successful applicant will be enthusiatic about supporting the Council.
Knowsley has an exciting and innovative programme of investment and growth planned. It is pursuing a far-reaching regeneration programme so it is an exciting time to join us.
Knowsley Council’s Legal Services is looking for an experienced and committed Legal Assistant (Property Searches) to join our Corporate Services team. You will be expected to provide and constructive advice and assistance to Elected Members and any internal or external clients of Knowsley Legal Services, primarily relating to property transactions and other matters including:
- To handle and reply to applications for Official Searches in the Land Charges Register and resolve customer enquiries
- To maintain all the Councils Planning, Building Control and Local Land Charges records.
- To research and compile historical information from Planning, Building Control and Local Land Charges records.
- To collate and produce statistical data as directed, ensuring the accurate input and maintenance of designated management information systems
You will hold or be willing to engage in training to obtain a recognised legal qualification appropriate to the grade (i.e. FILEX or successful completion of solicitor or barrister examinations) and have experience in the range of work carried out by the team.
If you would like to find out more about the post please contact Nigel Fagan on 0151 443 3564 or Kathryn Davies on 0151 443 4270 for an informal discussion.
CLOSING DATE Sunday, 02 April 2023
This job advert may close early if enough applications have been received.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by clicking the link below. Please note applications cannot be considered without the completion of the form in full
FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS VACANCY