Senior Solicitor – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary £40,478 – £41,495
Closing Date 12th November 2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Solicitor to join our Legal team for a period of 12 months to provide cover for one of our Senior Solicitors who is about to go off on maternity leave.
This is an excellent chance for a lawyer to develop and broaden their professional skills. The Legal Team advises on all legal issues affecting South Ribble Borough Council and Chorley Borough Council and this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a wide variety of work.
What you’ll be getting up to
• Our legal team provides support and advice to Council officers and members on legal issues. Within this role, there will be a particular focus on legal issues relating to our Property and Estates work.
• You’ll be involved in the negotiation of complex legal agreements on behalf of the Councils and will need to draft and interpret legal documentation.
• We’re looking for someone who will promote good corporate governance across the organization.
Who we’re looking for
• You’ll be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives
• You’ll be enthusiastic and confident, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Local Government experience would be a plus, but this isn’t essential.
• If you have experience in Commercial Property/Estates we’d love to hear from you.
• We’re open to hearing from legal professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. If you’re interested in this role, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We are proud to be part of both Chorley and South Ribble Councils. We work closely with the councils to ensure that our services align with their objectives and priorities. And we are committed to delivering the services that make a positive impact on the lives of the residents, businesses, and visitors.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (and Christmas shutdown)
• Hybrid/agile working from day one
• Local Government pension
• Healthcare Cash Plan for cash back on health treatments
• Cashback website access for savings on brands you love
• 6% Car Allowance
• Free parking
For an informal chat about the role please contact David Whelan by email at David.email@example.com.
Applicants are advised to apply early. We reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date.
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to the elimination of unfair and unlawful discrimination and prejudice in all our policies, procedures, and practices.
We’re committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and accessible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are disabled or your last employer was the armed forces, and you meet all the essential criteria of a post, you will be guaranteed an interview.