Solicitor – Children
Solicitor – Children
Corporate and Commercial Services
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term – maternity cover
Salary: SM 3 £46,550 – £49,427.
Hours: 36.66 (full time)
Based: Level 4, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UL
Closing Date: Sunday 9th June 2019 (midnight)
Shortlisting & Interview Dates: TBC.
Job Description & Person Specification.docx
Oldham Right to Work in the UK.doc
To provide the professional services of a solicitor to the Council and other bodies within the Directorate for Health and Well-being.
- To advise Council, Executive, Committees, Officers and Departments of the Council on legal matters primarily, but not exclusively, relating to all areas of Social Services and Education including attendance at evening meetings as requested.
- Advocacy in contested and uncontested hearings in Court and when necessary instruction of Counsel at the Family Court, including the preparation and management of cases.
- Drafting and settling of legal documentation with particular reference to Children’s Social Care.
- Conduct of litigation with particular reference to Children’s Social Care and Education matters.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Extensive experience of advising Social work clients and their managers.
- Extensive post qualification experience in conducting child care proceedings.
- Advocacy experience including Contested Hearings at Court.
- Ability to advise competently in complex child care matters and to assimilate and advise upon evidential matters relating thereto.
For more information about the Oldham Council, please visit:
For details of how we use your data please see our privacy notice: https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/4967/employment_privacy_notice_-_oldham_council_10
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.
Link to apply:https://www.greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/SM3/OL-28332/