Solicitor – Commercial Contracts (12 month FTC)
12 Month Fixed Term
Salary: £48,667 – £51,673 per annum (SM3)
To provide relevant legal advice and legal services on the legal aspects of procurement, contract drafting, contract management and contract dispute resolution and to enter into contracts for and on behalf of the Council from inception to completion
- Delivering comprehensive, timely legal advice and legal work in particular, the areas of commercial law, contract law, procurement law, company law and local government law and practice.
- Ensuring that decision-making in relation to the Council’s contracts and procurements is lawful and in accordance with the Council’s Constitution and the Council’s governance arrangements.
- Undertaking legal work of a specialist and/or complex nature, including legal research, the preparation of advice to Council officers and Elected Members, the drafting of contracts, and the drafting and presentation of reports and other documentation as required and including use of the case management system.
- Working with client officers to ensure that they are appropriately advised and supported and are able to provide informed instructions to the Council’s external advisers (where engaged) as required. Advising on the need for specialist external advice including procuring, instructing and managing external legal advisers.
To succeed in this role you will need as a minimum:
- Experience of providing legal advice and services in relation to commercial law, contract and procurement law and practice
- PQE in providing legal advice on legal aspects of contract drafting, management and contract dispute resolution
- Detailed knowledge of the law relating to contract and procurement issues, EU law, governance and Local Government law as it relates to contracts, procurement and governance issues.
- Experience of contract and procurement law within a local government environment.
Oldham Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Oldham is committed to developing a Co-operative future; one where citizens, partners and staff work together to improve the borough. Anyone joining the council is coming into an ambitious organisation with big plans. We are working hard to build a brighter future for our borough and we need people from a wide range of backgrounds to continue delivering the best for our communities.
The Council has a clear set of Values and Behaviours, our Values outline how we do business and we share these borough wide with our residents, partners and businesses. Internally we have translated these values into five cooperative behaviours which outline the priority areas of focus for all staff at all levels. You can view the Values and Behaviours on our Greater. Jobs pages Working for Oldham
For details of how we use your data please see our Privacy Notice
Please note that should a vacancy that has been released for internal or external recruitment be deemed suitable for an at risk employee, it can be pulled back at any point up to the post being formally offered to an external candidate or an internal candidate that is not at risk of redundancy.
Apply for this job at https://oldhamjobs.engageats.co.uk/ApplicationForm.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmMVDojfFQJD02GK5B/WhaTsgwWA+g97YSU1x3rD3Gvvk5uzPVg+OIhAa3tfaN9ZcsY/avgxzSOjLbK1ch/sfKDw=