Specialist Level 2 (Contracts & Commercial) – Solicitor/Legal Executive (FTC)
Job Reference 00964
Salary Scale J – £33,782 per annum, pro rata
Fixed term contract up to 31 March 2023
Full-time (37 hours per week), Part-time applications will be considered
Flexi-time scheme, generous pension & holiday entitlement
Are you motivated to work for an ambitious organisation, here to empower and inspire our communities to thrive?
Here’s some information about us
We are here to empower and inspire our communities to thrive. Every staff member plays a part in our success and achievement through challenging what we do, how we do it and how we can do it better. Ideas are continuously encouraged, new ways of working are trialled and we apply learning through experience. Through our ‘one team’ approach, we work in an agile way to empower our staff to be able to make decisions that place our customers at the heart of what we do.
We are proud of South Lakeland District and we serve communities across a rural area that includes two national parks, with the majority of the stunning Lake District National Park in our district, as well as western parts of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. With friendly communities, low crime rate, cultural attractions and excellent motorway and West Coast Mainline links to the North West, South Lakeland rightly promotes itself as the ‘best place to live, work and explore.’
We Are South Lakeland.
South Lakeland District Council is seeking to recruit a Solicitor/Legal Executive on a temporary contract for a period of up to 31 March 2023, within the Legal Services Team. The post is based at the Council’s head offices in Kendal. However, we would welcome people who want work from home through making use of smart working.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Good working experience and knowledge of a range of contract matters including for example, procurement, contract drafting and variations, grants and framework agreements, to name but a few
- A current practising certificate or equivalent legal qualification and experience
- Other duties will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions and advising accordingly
- The ability to work independently with the support of Senior Specialists where relevant and referring to Senior Specialists for work outside previous experience
- Possession of good IT literacy skills and the ability to use electronic publications for the purpose of legal work and research are critical
To be a success in our Legal Team you will:
- Be a strong team player, able to use sound judgment to solve problems and enjoy a challenge
- Have effective communication skills and be committed to delivering the best possible service for the benefit of our residents
- Be experienced or newly qualified & have a great work ethic
What we offer
- Being part of an innovative, forward thinking, supportive and solutions focused team
- Smart working – working in a way that gets the best outcomes
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement (23 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays )
- Flexi time scheme – being able to accrue up to 13 additional flexi days + 5 additional banked flexi days per annum
- An attractive pension scheme
Equality of opportunity
We are fully committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want this to be reflected in the diversity of the people who work for us and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and identities including from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as these groups are under-represented at SLDC, particularly at senior level. As part of our commitment to employing disabled people, all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirement for vacancies will be guaranteed an interview.
Would you like to join us, share and develop the experience and above all, make a difference…?
To accompany your application, please upload a CV summarising your employment history, qualifications and relevant experience. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs alone for job vacancies.
For an informal discussion about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Linda Fisher in the first instance by email – Julia Krier@southlakeland.gov.uk
Candidates that are shortlisted for interview will be informed by email.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 06 March 2023
Interviews will be held: Week Commencing Monday 21 March 2023
Apply – https://recruitment.southlakeland.gov.uk/