Trainee Solicitor – 2 year fixed term contract
£25,758 – £27,690 per annum
Job reference REQ0000800
Closing Date 10th July 2023
Following the current Trainee Solicitor’s impending qualification as a solicitor, the post of Trainee Solicitor will be vacant from the beginning of August 2023. We are therefore recruiting for a Trainee Solicitor to join the expanding Legal Services team on a two year fixed term contract.
If you are you looking for a new challenge and to make a difference to the community of Cumbria, then apply to join the Legal Team at Cumbria Constabulary as a Trainee Solicitor. This is an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Solicitor where you will work with a team of Legal Advisers and learn and develop in many interesting areas of Police law including:-
- Operational policing work focusing on many of the civil injunctive orders open to the Constabulary (the main focus will be on safeguarding work including Domestic Violence Protection Orders, Stalking Protection Orders, Sexual Harm Prevention Orders, Proceeds of Crime Act applications, Family Court disclosure work, other Civil Orders in the Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court and County Court and Firearms licencing and,
- Litigation work which will focus on civil claims, both Public and Employer liability, Employment Tribunal work, Judicial Reviews and Inquests, and,
- Commercial work, including contracts, collaboration agreements and property work
You should have successfully completed your academic studies (Law degree or other degree and Graduate Diploma in Law) including the Legal Practice Course/SQE Part 1 and 2. We need you to have excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills; demonstrate you can work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines. You will be an enthusiastic, resilient and flexible individual with analytical, communication and organisational skills as well as being a strong team player.
Whilst the role can be demanding and require work which needs to be delivered quickly, sometimes at short notice, we will work to ensure that you are able to achieve the right work-life balance.
Alongside a competitive Trainee salary, the Constabulary actively supports work-life balance through the provision of a generous flexible working scheme. In addition, a comprehensive package of employee benefits is available including:
- access to the local Government pension scheme,
- generous annual leave entitlements,
- access to our internal Occupational Health and Wellbeing Department, to enhance and protect the health, safety, and wellbeing of all our staff through fostering a culture of support and respect.
The role is based at Cumbria Constabulary HQ in Penrith, with an expectation to attend the office each week, however the department embraces agile working so there is also the opportunity (subject to the demands of the role) to work from other police locations and remotely (including from home).
For more details and to apply on line go to